Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crispy Baked Rosemary-Garlic Chicken

Hello again, friends! Lately, I've been feeling like I have so much blogging material that I want to share with you all! I was so happy to share the granola grabbers recipe with you, as well as the nail polish suggestions and now this delicious chicken recipe! I know, all of these blog topics might seem a bit random, but I hope they'll give you a sneak-peek into my diverse interests. 

I'll start with a story. It was Christmas Eve in New Jersey and it was a beautiful, cold, crisp day. I went into work (only a half-day) and my sister picked me up at the train station! My family and I love to make a delicious Christmas Eve dinner and some of our recent favorites have been vegetarian lasagna and a deliciously spicy chili dish from Cooking Light. This year, my sister threw out the idea of rosemary-garlic chicken and I was a total fan. My sister had seen Tyler Florence make this recipe on The Food Network earlier in the day and once she told me the ingredients, I knew it would be a hit! We stopped by Wegman's and grabbed all of the ingredients and then headed home. We went to Christmas Eve mass at 8pm and were home by 9:15pm and we ate by 10:30pm. It sounds kind of late for dinner, but that's how we roll sometimes. I feel like we were consistently eating at 10:30/11pm every night over Christmas break, so the timing of our night-before-Christmas meal was no different from our usual mealtime. 

We modified the recipe a bit by swapping in chicken breast for chicken legs. I've never touched a chicken leg in my life and I definitely don't intend to ever try one, so chicken breast was our friend for this recipe. So, without further ado, here's the recipe for the most deliciously moist chicken breast recipe you've ever eaten. My dad enjoyed these with honey, some enjoyed them with barbecue sauce, and I enjoyed them with yellow mustard! We paired these with sauteed spinach and a big salad and boy was this meal delicious. Happy cooking! 

Crispy Baked Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Breasts
Adapted from Tyler Florence's recipe for Crispy Baked Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Legs

2 lbs chicken breast
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 stems rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped
4 cups panko bread crumbs
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs
2 cups skim milk
3 cups all-purpose flour 
extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350º. Wash and trim the chicken breasts of any excess fat. Mix the garlic, rosemary and panko together in a shallow-rimmed dish and season well with salt and pepper. 

Crack the eggs into another shallow-rimmed dish, add the milk and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.

In another shallow-rimmed dish, add the flour and season with salt and pepper.

Taking one chicken breast at a time, dredge in flour, then the egg wash, and then coat well with rosemary-garlic panko bread crumbs. 

Place each breast on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and drizzled with olive oil. Fill the sheet with chicken breasts. It's fine to have the pieces touching each other. 

Bake at 350º for 45 minutes or until the coating on each breast turns a golden brown color. Remove the chicken from the oven and place chicken onto a serving platter. 

Enjoy with honey, barbecue sauce, mustard, or your favorite condiment. Enjoy! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment