Friday, February 15, 2013

A Variety of Dinners

This past week has seen some interesting and diverse dinners. Sunday night, I was in Miami and enjoyed a delicious dinner at this South Beach restaurant called On Ocean 7 Cafe. I ordered a mango mojito and salmon teriyaki. The mojito was fantastic and the salmon was very flavorful. The teriyaki sauce was super salty, but luckily, it was served on the side, so I enjoyed my salmon with the citrusy vinaigrette from my salad. It ended up being a great combination.
source
source
Monday night, I was in the Miami airport and enjoyed a turkey sandwich on a baguette from ABP. It was a late lunch/early dinner and it held me over perfectly until late into the night. It was so fresh and delicious, which is super-rare for airport food. I was also starving since it was 4pm and I hadn't eaten since my 9am breakfast!  
source
Tuesday night I went out to dinner with colleagues at this incredible French Bistro & Cafe, Parc Brasserie. It is hands-down one of my favorite restaurants in the city! I've only ever gone for breakfast, brunch, or lunch, but dinner was the best I've ever had in this city. I ordered salmon en croute, which was basically salmon in a pastry dough package with swiss chard and onions. It was spectacular. I also enjoyed a slice of their famous cranberry walnut bread from their bread basket. Post-dinner, I ordered an espresso since I knew I'd be up late working on my lab report! Everything was so delicious.
source
Wednesday night, my friend invited me over for dinner and we enjoyed grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. It was so comforting and tasty. She used whole wheat bread and a slice each of swiss and provolone. The tomato soup was from Trader Joe's. She thought it was lacking in taste, but I thought it was pretty flavorful.
source
And last night, I enjoyed a smoothie, which is easily one of my favorite dinners. I love that it's delicious, icy, cool, and filling. I love that it's slightly sweet and incredibly satisfying. Last fall, I started seeing bloggers posting about pumpkin smoothies all the time and I started getting the itch to experiment and come up with my own creation. I was thrilled with the product and I wanted to share it with you all! It was a light and perfect meal for the end of the week. I just took the ingredients below...
added them to the blender and in less than a few minutes, I had a delicious dinner, complete with protein, dairy, veggies, and fruit.

Here's the recipe:
Combine the following ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of ice cubes to create and icy smoothie.
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 banana
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Vega One Vanilla, but you could use any protein powder. I love the Whole Foods Vanilla Whey Protein Powder!)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
stevia or splenda for added sweetness (optional - 1 to 2 packets)

Serve in a glass and sprinkle with cinnamon.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my dinners from this past week. And I definitely hope you try out this smoothie for a snack, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Let me know what you think. Enjoy! :-) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment