Monday, October 8, 2012

Hello!

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, and with the encouragement of my much older and much wiser sister, I've decided to make this goal a reality! I ran the idea by my brother and mother and they were down with it. Thus, a  blogger was born. I must say that I'm not sure what my intention behind this blog is entirely. I told my sister (the aforementioned much older and wiser one!) that I didn't want this to be a weightloss, fitness, fashion, or recipe blog...I simply wanted this to be a "collection of pretty things" blog so that readers feel that they are partaking in an aesthetically pleasing blog read without feeling overwhelmed by calorie counts or miles run or complex recipes. I absolutely LOVE the blogs that I follow and I enjoy reading about the lives of others in terms of weightloss and fitness and there's nothing better in the blog world than discovering a new recipe for oatmeal or smoothies or a brand spanking new fitness routine. There is most definitely a place in the blogosphere for healthy living blogs, but I'd love to occupy a place in an arena that I have yet to discover/encounter in my blog search: the pretty things blog. I feel that most blogs have an agenda, but I can assure you that this one in particular, most definitely does not! I simply wish to share with you some ideas and "pretty things" to make your blog reading time enjoyable and lovely. I do hope you enjoy my "Web Musings" and I would love to hear about your own inspirational Web Musings in the comments! Please do share! :-)

Moving right along - here are some pretty pics from my weekend! A fall hike and a deliciously warm and cozy welcome home meal were in order. I only wished that I had snapped a pic of my grandmother's apple cake, baked with handpicked cortland apples from our apple-picking endeavor in North Jersey last weekend. According to the farmer-in-chief, this year's apple crop is their best in years. I concur. They are absolutely delicious this year!

Here are some photos from the wonderful weekend!
A wonderful trail, full of trees and fall foliage. Perfect for a short hike on a crisp fall day! 

I loved all of the tall trees and the serenity of the forest. 
 And no weekend would be complete without Sunday pancakes!


And these whole-wheat buttermilk pancakes were out of this world! So delicate and fluffy, yet hearty and delicious. A perfect brunch meal for a wonderful Sunday. These pancakes certainly had staying power; they were consumed at 10am and I didn't feel hungry until our dinner of lentil soup at 5:30pm. That's a winner in my book! Which brings me to the aforementioned "welcome home" dinner....

Deliciously fresh salad: romaine, carrots, cherry tomatoes, red  peppers . 
The delicious curried lentil soup. Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit.
My grandmother's delicious cornbread casserole...recipe to follow! 
Our sweet "welcome home" dinner table.

Hope you're having a wonderful Monday! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment