Friday, October 12, 2012

Something awesome for your Friday!


I'm back! Just wanted to share this AWESOME skiing video with you. It's called Flow State and it's by Warren Miller, who's famous for his ski films. It's Miller's 63rd ski production and it follows world class skiers and snowboarders through their awe-inspiring global tour of Alaska, British Columbia, Switzerland, Japan, North and South America, Norway and beyond. It's narrated by skiing celebrity Jonny Moseley and it's super awesome. I absolutely LOVE the title of the film. I'm assuming that Flow State refers to the positive psychology term that addresses the idea of flow, which refers to a mental state in which a person, in this case a skier, is performing an activity and is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus. Flow involves full enjoyment and full involvement in the process of this activity, in this case skiing. I've heard of this term before, but Wikipedia helped me to remember the tenets of this concept. I suppose that Warren Miller could have simply named the film "Flow," as Flow State seems slight redundant because "Flow" is an actual mental state. Perhaps Miller believed that "Flow State" seemed like a cooler name for a ski film? Who knows? Flow State might not even refer to the mental state that I'm thinking of and referring to...it might have a totally different meaning. Nonetheless, I'm hooked on the film from the trailer. You'll totally love it. Also, these photo selects from the movie are pretty cool. Enjoy! :-) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment