Friday, December 7, 2012

Boot Love

Lately, I've been having a major crush on Frye boots. They're absolutely beautiful and I love them so much. There's only one problem...they're super expensive. Maybe one day, when I have a little bit more spending money, I'll splurge on a pair of these fine boots. But, until then, a cheaper alternative will have to suffice. Here's the original...
Source
And here's the alternative choice by Aldo...
Source
What do you think? I know the colors are a little different, but the basic style is the same. Oh man...the Frye boots are incredible. I currently have a pair of Via Spiga riding boots that I scored right after Christmas two years ago for a ridiculously cheap price. They're $300+ dollar boots and I can't even tell you how cheap they ended up being. Let's just say, the Big Man Upstairs was definitely helping me out that day (and every day!). Here they are...
Source
I absolutely adore these boots and they're so well made. The leather still looks brand new and polished and I haven't even buffed them! They've lasted me almost two years and I've basically worn them to the ground. I can't even tell you how many miles I've put on these. My guess would have to be in the hundreds. No lie. The soles are wearing down and I might have to get them re-soled, but I'm hoping to add another pair of boots to my wardrobe. We shall see. I just don't want to go the Target route and end up with a pair of cheap-looking boots. No offense, Target, but these look kind of cheap! Call me a snob, but I can spot a pair of knock-off leather boots from a mile away.

Please indulge me one last time before I leave you...how beautiful are these boots? I mean, seriously, they're gorgeous! Is it appropriate to have an awesome pair of $300+ dollar boots and then dress in rags? Well, that might very well be my situation in the very minuscule chance that I end up purchasing these beauties. In my mind, I'm not really fancying that image of myself. Oh well, a girl can dream....
Source
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment