Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies

Hello there and Happy Tuesday! Hope you all are having a wonderful week. My office is having a Holiday Potluck Lunch today and I signed up to bring a dessert. I always sign up to bring something sweet and this year was no different. I knew immediately that I would bake my beloved Dark Chocolate Fudge Cookies. They're so delicious and full of dark chocolate and they have so much flavor. Plus, they take less than five minutes to put together. Seriously. So what's the secret? My good friend Duncan Hines...

You'll need a total of five ingredients to make these fudge cookies. Here's the recipe...
Ingredients:
1 box of Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
1/2 cup oil
2 tablespoons water
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips (I used Hershey's Special Dark chips)

Directions:
Place cake mix, oil, water and eggs in a medium sized bowl. Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Add chocolate chips and stir. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes, or until top of cookies have lost their glossy shine and appear to be cooked. Do not overbake! Let cool on cookie tray for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.

My mom created this recipe back in 2005 and we've been making it quite frequently for holidays, parties, and get-togethers. Sometimes, we'll even add a half-cup of chopped walnuts to the mix if the recipient of these cookies is a nut lover. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Happy baking! :-) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment